Thursday 4 September 2014

Penang

Year 2014
Malaysia (Penang)
w. everyone

I go back to Penang every year. It's no longer the 'special foodie place' for me. 
Nevertheless, I should count my blessings of being able to travel Penang.




On one trip to Penang, it coincided with my anniversary with Branbear. 
So we had dinner at our hotel's restaurant, which happens to be the Three Sixty Revolving Restaurant.
My parents used to have date nights here at this restaurant many many eons ago as well. 
It was a buffet but I didn't complain. I thought it was a very good place.
Buffet was priced at RM80++/p at that point.



Haven't visited Kek Lok Si for so long.


Can't remember the name of this Nyonya food place my fam also visits. 
It's basically the one (somewhat) opposite to the white HSBC building on Penang Island.



Hunger pangs.. 


Mural hunting is fad in Penang.
Rent a bike, grab a map of the murul hunt and sweat your ass off. 
Do it soon, because vandalism is prominent is Malaysia. 













Did a spontaneous visit to the Chinese New Year Cultural & Heritage Celebration at Armenian Street & surrounding. 
Loads of people but this was a good introduction to tourists about Penang and some Chinese heritage. 



The E&O Hotel.
The hotel that even my grandmother remembers because grandpa used to work next door. 



Picture stolen from Bianca, but it basically sums up my trip to Penang with friends.


That slipper.. such good timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment